Wednesday 6 February 2013

Families Communicate Despite the Miles - Marcus' story

We have the best means of communication these days.  Case in point - My sister Karen.  Some of you know her, the cute little dark-haired Wells Girl.  Well, last night, I think as soon as it was aired, I was able, through Karen's phone in Whitby to my phone in Barbados, see a video of her son, my nephew Marcus, being interviewed in Toledo Ohio.  This baffles me.  I remember when spending a summer away when I was Marcus age. No one knew where I was or what I was doing.  Don't get me wrong, this was not a bad thing.  I am just saying that with today's new fangled gadgets, I am aware, from a million miles away, that Marcus is to be the new rookie catcher through an athletic scholarship.  Now I can't remember the name of the school, but that is my mind showing its age and I don't think any technology can help with that.  Oh wait - yes it can. I will just look at this photo!!

Congratulations to Marcus Rozsa and his 2 biggest fans, Karen and Jim.  Isn't he handsome? Looks just like Karen!!

No comments: